Cooling Kit for Classrooms
If you have a habit like twirling your hair, chewing your fingernails or jiggling your foot, you may be a sensory seeker, and not even know it. You probably don’t even notice when you are doing it. But it’s likely that this little habit is helping you concentrate, stay focused or calming you if you’re feeling nervous.
Rather than trying to stop these behaviours, a more effective and positive approach is to consider how we can provide kids with the input they need to help regulate themselves in the classroom, in a way that limits distractions and does not have a negative impact on their social relationships.
WHAT IS SENSORY REGULATION?
As adults we know what our bodies need in order to work, learn and concentrate on tasks, day to day. This is called processing and integrating sensory information and is the ability of our nervous systems to process sensory information, modulate it, and act as a filter – switch off what we don’t need, and become aware of sensations we do need. For most people, this occurs without having to think about it, but others need help to regulate their nervous system so that they can move, learn and be happy!
WHY DOES MOVEMENT AND FIDGETING HELP?
- Fidget items can help children who seek things to touch, feel and move, to provide just the right amount of sensory input to regulate their nervous system. They can help improve concentration and attention to tasks by allowing the brain to filter out extra sensory information, and focus on the essentials ones like listening to a story, learning or paying attention.
- Kids that have low arousal level can benefit too, by providing them with movement that stimulates their energy levels and helps them focus and concentrate.
- Chewing and sucking input that the mouth receives is extremely calming and organising for the sensory system. It helps children to concentrate, attend, listen, participate and learn more.
Cooling Kits have a range of fidget items for school aged children that can:
- Help improve concentration
- Calm nerves
- Engage the brain
- Help deal with stress
- Encourage active listening
The Cooling Kits are being used in both primary and secondary schools, and are helping educators get the most of out their students, by minimising disruptions and normalising the various ways that children learn.
By having Cooling Kits in your classroom, children can learn to choose an item that will help them concentrate and stay on task, without distracting other children or the teacher.
Classroom Cooling Kits contain a wonderful range of Fidget Tools up to the value of approx RRP$160 which allows you to get an amazing range to suit all needs for a bargain price. Please note, Kits may vary slightly from the one in the picture depending on colours / stock available but the value will always be approx the same.
SUPER SPECIAL – BUY TEN KITS, GET ONE KIT FREE!!
Your FREE kit will automatically be sent to you once your order is finalised.
Cooling Kits are not suitable for children under three years old as they contain many small parts. Supervision is recommended when being used by all primary school aged children.