Paint By Numbers – Rainbow Unicorn
30 x 40 cm (canvas size)
35 x 25 cm (painted area)
– With paint by numbers, anyone can paint like a professional
– Calm your mind as you colour the canvas
– It is a puzzle you can paint!
– So many cool designs to choose from
– Detailed instructions included
– An excellent gift idea
Paint by numbers is an awesome art and craft activity that children and adults will enjoy. Each kit comes with:
1 x numbered canvas
Numbered acrylic paint colours – you will receive the amount of colours you will need for each individual project
3 x paint brushes: fine, medium and flat
Before You start:
1. Find a comfortable and well-lit area of the house to start your painting. Some kits have very detailed sections and tiny numbers, so you want to be able to see well.
2. Set up a comfortable workspace, this may be a desk or other flat surface, or you may choose to use a table top easel. Choose what works best for you.
3. Clear your space of anything that you do not want to get dirty. Even if you think that you are being extra careful, paint has a way of getting onto unwanted surfaces!
1. Unpack your kit, lay out the canvas, paints, and brushes on your working space.
2. Unroll the canvas and carefully flatten out any wrinkles or creases.
3. Tape your canvas to a flat surface with masking tape to alleviate any residue that may be left on the flat surface or canvas.
4. Fill up a small cup of water and lay out some old rags, cloths, or some paper towels. These are used for cleaning your brushes when changing colours.
5. Match each of your paint pots with their pre numbered areas on the canvas. We highly recommend painting one number at a time to avoid paints drying out.
6. We recommend starting with dark colours first and gradually going lighter. Starting from the top and working down to the bottom. For those who are right-handed, go from left to right and for left handers go from right to left.
7. Choose your paintbrush, dip the tip in your first paint colour and start painting. Using the tip only will give you more accuracy and help you stay within the lines. This is also an excellent way to conserve paint so that you have plenty leftover for touch ups at the end.
8. Once you are satisfied with the finished piece, you may choose to display it by framing it, pinning it to the wall or with double sided tape.
1. Paints may dry quickly. Paint one number at a time and close the lids whenever you are not painting to prevent them from drying out.
2. Clean your brushes thoroughly between colours. It is best to dip the brush into water and then wipe it with your rag or paper towel, repeating until there is hardly any colour left in the brush.
3. Moisten your brushes before putting them in the paint. You can dip the brush in the water and then dry the excess water off on a paper towel before dipping the tip of your brush into the paint pot.
4. For lighter colours you may choose to paint the numbers with white out or white pencil before painting so that it does not show through once it has been painted. Otherwise, you may need to do 2 coats of paint.
This product is not a toy.
Product packing size: 33.5 x 7 x 3 cm
Not suitable for children under three years old due to small parts, keep out of their reach.